layout

Monday, January 9, 2012

Believer



I am a believer in a lot of things, but in this case today, I'm referring to myself as a Believer in God. Always have been a believer as long as I can remember. I grew up in church, and continued my relationship with God throughout my teens, and beyond. Although, once I hit my twenties, I put God on the back burner. I know this sounds horrible, and I regret valuable time I've missed without putting God first in my life.  You see, He's was always there, even when I've strayed, and I knew this. I knew that no matter what, as long as I knew God was my Lord and Savior and he was accepted into my Heart, he'll always be there for me (I do not like this thought pattern of mine). Yes, this is true to an extent (I am by no means saying that my actions and behaviors during this time are acceptable);  I've sinned...yes...and I've not lived my life that way I'm supposed to..yes. Does this mean God loves me less?? NO.  I'm sorry for going astray..and I've made peace with God about this.  Nobody's perfect by no means, and I'm not one to judge and I hope you don't judge me either. Only my Lord can judge me and He is really the only one whose opinion of me matters! We are all sinners, even you reading this....even the tiniest little sin counts as sin.  I will never be perfect but all I can do is try my best to be the best I can be.  I will constantly be repenting, apologizing, and asking forgiveness for things I do.

In order to grow deeper into my relationship with the Lord, I've made it my quest to read the Bible, in its entirety, this year.  I'm very excited about this endeavor.  As a young girl, I memorized the Books of the Bible, Bible Verses and such, but I've never read the entire BIBLE!  One reason for this may be that when I was younger I just didn't understand it; another reason being, I was just plain lazy. ;(   That is not the case these days..I've started reading a One Year Chronological Bible..NLT (link in my very first post) .  I'm doing really well, this version puts it in words that I can actually understand. I look forward to each morning spent with the Lord in my daily devotions. How about you? Are any of you thinking of doing something similar to this?  I challenge you to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment